In 10+ years of executive coaching, this has been been #1 area of growth for my clients. Once leaders get deliberate – intentional – mindful about their leadership, they see increased employee engagement, improved decision making, ownership, creativity, clarity…results! It’s that simple.
- Are you leading consciously and intentionally?
- Are you proactive vs. reactive?
- Are you purposeful in your interactions and communications?
- Are your decisions made from a sense of awareness, consciousness, sensibility?
Too many leaders are making decisions (sending messages!!) haphazardly.
I’m not talking about the “BIG decisions” like our go-to-market strategy. I’m talking about everyday decisions that impact the bigger picture. The decision to not foster a culture of engagement by stifling input when running short on time. The decision to cancel a 1:1 review with a staff member in favor of lunch with the boss. The decision to talk/communicate without asking questions to check for understanding. The decision to “tell people what to do” in the interest of time versus allowing them to figure it out. The decision to sugarcoat painful truths.
Everything you say and do sends a message. What kind of message are YOU sending??
- Be deliberate, intentional, and mindful in the indirect messages you send.
- Be deliberate, intentional, and mindful in how you interact with people.
- Be deliberate, intentional, and mindful in the culture you are creating.
- Be deliberate, intentional, and mindful. Period.